For Buyers, read in full below.
For artists/galleries click HERE
Buyers Premium: is 15%
Your purchased artwork will be shipped directly from the artist’s studio or from their representative gallery. Details of shipping options are listed on each lot. Buyers are responsible for custom duties on items coming from abroad. Buyers are responsible for the shipping cost of the artworks.
Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE:
1. For the purpose of this sale the Chinwe Russell Auctions shall be deemed to be agents for both the vendor and purchaser and shall not be considered or held responsible for any fault on the part of either the vendor or the purchaser.
2. The highest bidder will be the purchaser. No person shall retract a bid and the advance on each lot shall be determined by the Auctioneer, bids made after the hammer has fallen will not be accepted. The Auctioneer reserves the right to determine the identity of the successful bidder or re-offer any lot either during the sale or at a later date at her discretion in the event of any dispute. The Auctioneer's decision in this matter is final.
3. Bidding in an auction creates a contract between the successful purchaser and the Auctioneer/vendors the conclusion of which is the payment of the purchaser's account. Failure to pay such an account is a criminal offence and may result in prosecution or court action for recovery.
4. Whilst every care is taken to ensure accuracy concerning authorship, origin, age, condition etc., all statements represent the opinion of the Auctioneers or the vendor and are not to be taken as facts. In all cases the prospective purchaser must satisfy himself in these respects prior to bidding as the Auctioneers will not be held responsible for any descriptions and make no warranty whatsoever.
i. Condition reports are available by email but all information given is based upon the observations and an opinion of the person completing the report and/or upon details supplied by the vendor and does not constitute a definitive statement. Neither the Auctioneers nor the vendor will be held responsible for the accuracy of such information.
ii. It is always advisable to view items personally to establish your own opinions as to condition and authenticity and if it is not possible to do so the purchaser must accept full responsibility for bids made and the decision made as to the value of an item.
5. Any lot purchased by the buyer on the internet, whether for himself or as agent for another, is sold subject to any faults or errors of description and no claim shall be made against the Auctioneers or the vendor.
6. All lots are subject to a 15 % buyer’s premium. Please note that for high value purchases, you might be requested to pay by bank transfer only. Credit cards and Mastercards payments will incur a 2.4% surcharge. High value items might be requested to be paid by bank transfer only. Please ensure that you are able to pay with a suitable payment method before registering for bidding.
7. ONLINE BIDDING......Lots purchased online via a third party www.the-saleroom.com and www.liveauctioneers.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 5-10% of the hammer price.
In completing the bidder registration form the above platform and providing your credit/debit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Chinwe Russell Auctions, you:
i. authorise Chinwe Russell Auctions, if they so wish, to charge the card given in part or full payment including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, www.liveauctioneers.com .
ii. confirm that you are authorised to provide those card details to Chinwe Russell Auctions,agree that Chinwe Russell Auctions are entitled to permit the shipping of the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
iii. Please ensure that you are able to pay with an acceptable payment method before registering for bidding.
8. All artworks purchased must be paid for immediately after the auction.
i. PLEASE NOTE: All artworks purchased will be shipped directly by the artist or their representative to the purchaser as soon as the payment is received.
9. It shall be deemed that all purchasers have read and understood these conditions and agree to be bound by them prior to bidding for any lot.